If you’re seeking crisp, contrasty views with high levels of detail, look no further than the Skymax series, Sky-Watcher’s premiere line of Maksutov-Cassegrains. Generally regarded as producing a sharper image than Schmidt-Cassegrains, Maksutovs offer astronomers a large visual aperture, high contrast and long focal length in a compact package. These telescopes deliver higher levels of planetary detail due to a focal length that is 5-7 times longer than your average Newtonian or refractor telescope.
Skymax Maksutovs feature mirrors constructed of borosilicate, polished and coated with our proprietary Radiant™ Aluminum Quartz™ (RAQ™) coatings, which produce a remarkable 94% reflectivity. All Maksutovs use a corrector plate to help reduce chromatic aberration, which is then coated using our signature Metallic High-Transmission Coatings™ (MHTC™), producing professional grade optics at an affordable price.
The Skymax 180 includes a 2-inch 28mm eyepiece, a 9x50 finderscope, V-style dovetail, and a 2-inch diagonal.
- Maksutov-Cassegrain optical design
- Primary and secondary mirrors feature proprietary Radiant Aluminum Quartz™ (RAQ™) coatings
- Corrector plate featuring Metallic High-Transmission Coatings (MHTC) virtually eliminates chromatic aberrations
- 180mm aperture, 2700mm focal length
- Aluminum tube coated with glossy, black diamond metal-flake finish
- Included accessories: a 2-inch 28mm eyepiece, a 9x50 finderscope, and a 2-inch diagonal