Multi-purpose GoTo mount
- Alt-Az, equatorial or dual-OTA configurations
- 30 pound payload capacity
- SynScan hand controller with 42,000 object database
- Counterweight shaft extension
- Two 7.5 pound counterweights
- Secondary mounting saddle for dual-OTA configuration
- Steel tripod
- DC power cord
The Sky-Watcher AZ-EQ5 gives optimal stability and pointing accuracy for a wide variety of professional photo and video equipment. It is a hybrid mount with alt-azimuth capability for general use, equatorial capability for astrophotography use and dual-OTA mode perfect for outreach. Stable, accurate, versatile and very portable –weighing only 33 pounds – the AZ-EQ5 is the perfect field mount. Supplied with a SynScan handset with dual AZ/EQ firmware, it can automatically find and track 42,900+ celestial objects from its database.
- German Equatorial/Alt-Az/dual OTA mode.
- Permanent periodic error correction (PPEC). PPEC can be trained with autoguider or PC.
- Belt drive – Super smooth PE curve. Low backlash, silent slewing.
- +/- 5 arc seconds native periodic error.
- Dual shutter release control for batch exposures of astrophotography.
- Motor controller with high torque and accuracy.
- Includes two V-style saddles for mounting dual OTAs
- Secure-fit power supply connections.
- Polar alignment with optional polarscope.
- Primary axis encoder tracks the mounts position. Users can push the mount at any time without worrying about losing the mount’s alignment.
- Counterweight extension bar included.
- Retractable counterweight bar.
- Includes two 7.5 pound counterweights.