Softcover: 544 pages
David Allen Sibley, America's most gifted contemporary painter of birds, is the author and illustrator of this comprehensive guide. His beautifully detailed illustrations--more than 6,600 in all--and descriptions of 810 species and 350 regional populations will enrich every birder's experience.
The Sibley Guide's innovative design makes it entirely user-friendly. The illustrations are arranged to facilitate comparison, yet still capture the unique character of each species.
• Captioned illustrations show many previously unpublished field marks and revisions of known marks.
• Nearly every species is shown in flight
• Measurements include length, wingspan, and weight for every species
• Subspecies and geographic variants are covered thoroughly
• Complete voice descriptions are included for every species
• Maps show the complete distribution of every species: summer and winter ranges, migration routes, and rare occurrences