A 10% deposit is required for all Lunt Solar telescope at the time of order. The balance will be charged when the telescope ships.
The Visual Package is perfect for the beginner thru intermediate range.
As the Sun enters Solar Maximum over the next few years, the excitement of viewing our Star thru a dedicated Solar telescope is sure to provide many many hours of visual enjoyment and educational insights.
The basic package is fully upgradeable at any time without ever having to go back to the factory. As the Sun becomes increasingly more active, you will appreciate that the instrument can grow right along with it.
This package provides the basic essentials perfect for a first time introduction to Daytime Solar Observing, while also including the newest technology for fine tuning, allowing basic research of the Sun’s disk and some surface details.
- Narrow Band Hydrogen-alpha (656.28nm) Dedicated System.
- A refractor based system with a 60mm front objective.
- An internal Etalon with a NEW pressure tuner allows for <0.70 Angstrom bandpass, providing a perfect blend of edge and surface detail.
- The system includes the clamshell with threaded holes for mounting, dust caps, and is delivered in an Aluminum re-enforced case.
- An eyepiece is NOT included, and although any eyepiece will work, we recommend the Lunt Zoom.
- Type: Single Interference Etalon
- Tuning: Internal Pressure Tune (Doppler True Tuning)
- Aperture: 60mm
- Focal Length: 500mm
- F Ratio: f/8.3
- Bandpass: <0.70 Angstroms @ 656nm
- Focuser: Crayford with 10:1 fine adjustment
- Mounting: Integrated clamshell style with 1/4-20 tapped base
- Color: Pearl White with Black and Red accents
- Diagonal: B1200 Blocking Filter
- Storage: Aluminum finished hard case with fitted foam
- Weight: 8.8 lbs (4kgs)
- Skill level: Beginner thru Intermediate