Starizona has developed an astrographic telescope that will deliver the largest, highest quality field of view on the market. With a 70mm diffraction-limited image circle, the Hyperion telescope produces ideal star images over a field large enough to accommodate even the biggest CCD sensors. The Hyperion was engineered to deliver exquisite optical performance and high-quality mechanical design at a cost much less than competing models. The unique optical design allows for very high performance at a fraction of the cost. The Hyperion is the ultimate high-resolution imaging system.
Standard features include a high-precision instrument rotator, integrated telescope control panel, and wireless computer control. The instrument rotator is integrated into the back of the telescope and uses a custom 6-inch brass worm gear and unique stainless-steel bearing system, allowing for a precise and robust design. The telescope control panel, built into the back plate of the telescope, features a digital readout display and control the instrument rotator, cooling fans, dew heaters, and two MicroTouch autofocusers (one for the Hyperion and one for an optional piggyback instrument). All telescope electronic functions are controlled from your computer via a tiny wireless USB box, eliminating the tangle of cables normally associated with running imaging accessories. All features are ASCOM compatible, allowing for automation with popular imaging control software.
- Flat-field, Harmer-Wynne optical design
- 70mm (1.4°) diffraction-limited image circle
- No chromatic aberration over 350nm-1100nm range
- Low thermal expansion carbon-fiber truss poles
- 18-point flotation mirror cell
- Starlight Instruments 3.5" Feathertouch Focuser
- MicroTouch temperature-compensating autofocuser
- High-precision instrument rotator
- Integrated telescope control panel with automatic and manual control of telescope electronics
- Digital readout display
- Wireless computer interface
- ASCOM compliant electronic features
- CNC machined 6061 aluminum construction
- Heavy-duty Losmandy-style dovetails (top and bottom)
- Two rear cell cooling fans for rapid thermal stabilization
- Made in USA
- Aperture: 16" (406mm)
- Focal Ratio: f/7.3
- Focal Length: 2960mm
- Secondary Mirror Diameter: 6.9"
- Overall Length: 41 inches (48 inches with focuser)
- Overall Height (between dovetails): 20.4 inches
- Overall Width: 19.7 inches
- Total Weight: 98 lbs.
Visit HyperionTelescopes.com for more information
Deposit: 50% deposit required at time of order. Remainder of payment due when the telescope is ready to ship. There is a 3% fee for cancelled orders. Please call us with any questions.
Shipping: Actual shipping cost is determined at time of shipment. The Hyperion 16" ships in a custom-fit wooden crate which is 51 x 26.5 x 32 inches. The total shipping weight is approximately 220 pounds.