For eight years, Celestron’s workhorse CGEM mount lineup has been the German Equatorial backbone for telescopes ranging from 6 to 11 inches of aperture. Since that time, many more astro-imagers and planetarium controlled setups have emerged as backyard telescope technology has evolved. Celestron’s engineering team applied their years of experience designing German Equatorial mounts to the all-new CGX EQ, a culmination of all the advancements made to our technologies, value, and ease-of-use.
- - Increased load capacity to 55 lbs.
- - Heavy Duty belt-drive system minimizes backlash while providing smooth motor operation under heavy loads
- - Spring-loaded brass worm wheel and stainless steel worm gear reduce friction and provide optimum gear mesh
- -Internal cabling for worry-free remote operation. Power input and accessory ports remain stationary while the mount slews to avoid snags
- - Control software developed in conjunction with PlaneWave Instruments for professional level control operation and imaging
- - Adjustable EQ head position to optimize center of gravity over the tripod and fully utilize the increased 3°-65° latitude range
- - 2" steel legs with height index marks for quick leveling
- - Two handles for easy pickup and transport
- - All-new ergonomically designed dovetail clamping knobs
- - All-new ergonomic latitude adjuster for smooth and easy adjustment under full loads