Both aluminized mirrors are dielectric coated to extend reflectivity down to the IR region and achieve more than 95% reflectivity. Focusing is via primary mirror movement and optical collimation is accomplished by secondary mirror adjustments, just like on the smaller Schmidt-Cassegrains telescopes many amateurs are accustomed to.
VMC260L with 2” eyepiece adapter, dual T-thread flip-mirror with dual 1¼” eyepiece adapters, 7x50mm finder, carry handle with ¼"-20 piggyback bolt and removable mounting rail (78mm / 3" wide x 590mm / 22.25" long x 25mm / 1" tall) with sliding balance bar.
- Optical Design: Catadioptric Cassegrain
- Aperture: 260mm (10.25")
- Focal Length: 3000mm
- Focal Ratio: f/11.5
- Field Corrector: 2-element corrector
- Tube Length: 670mm (26.4")
- Tube Diameter: 340mm (13.4")
- Tube Weight: 11kg (24.3 lbs)