The new 'Trius' version adds a triple USB hub and argon fill to the H9C design.
- High resolution 'Exview' CCD chip, with 1,447,680 x 6.45uM pixels in a 9 x 6.7mm array.
- Exceptionally low dark signal - No dark frames necessary for most deep sky objects.
- Triple output powered USB hub built-in for guider and wheel control etc.
- Dual stage high performance cooler with -40C delta T
- Dry Argon-filled CCD chamber for efficient cooling.
- Exceptionally effective anti-blooming with minimal effect on linearity and no lost active area.
- Built-in very high speed USB 2.0 interface for sub-1 second downloads.
- Exceptionally high QE over an extremely wide spectral range from near UV to deep IR.
- Built-in autoguider interface and output - compatible with the optional dedicated external guide camera.
- Built-in dual serial ports for accessory control - directly drive filter wheels, GOTO 'scopes etc.
- Single USB cable control for all features - get rid of that dangerous cable tangle!
- Only ONE computer needed to control all of the devices and functions.
- Very low power consumption. Less than 1.5 amps at 12v DC.
- Compact and lightweight - only 75mm in diameter x 70mm long - less than 300 grams load on the telescope
- CCD type: Sony ICX285AL Exview HAD CCD with ultra low dark current, extended IR response and vertical anti-blooming.
- CCD quality: Grade 1 or better - No bad columns, no dead pixels, no more than 6 'hot' pixels (saturated in <10 seconds).
- CCD Full resolution Pixel data: Pixel size: 6.45uM x 6.45uM, Image format: 1392 x 1040 pixels
- CCD Image area: 8.98mm (Horizontal) x 6.7mm (Vertical).
- Spectral Response: QE max at 540nM (~65%), 50% roll-off at 400nM and 750nM.
- Readout Noise: Less than 7 electrons RMS - typically only 5 electrons.
- Full-well capacity: Greater than 23,000 e- (unbinned)
- Anti-blooming: Overload margin greater than 800x.
- Dark current: Dark frame saturation time greater than 100 hours. Less than 0.02 electrons/second @ + 10C ambient.
- Data format: 16 bits.
- System gain: 0.35 electrons per ADU
- Computer Interface: Built-in USB 2.0 compatible interface with 3 port USB 2 hub for peripheral devices.
- Image download time: Typically 0.6 seconds at full resolution using USB 2.0
- Power requirements: 115VAC / 240VAC @ 12VA, or 12VDC @ 1.5 A max.
- Cooling system: Regulated set-point cooling supply with two stage thermoelectric cooler to give a CCD temperature of better than -40C below ambient. Dry Argon fill.
- Size: 75 x 70mm black anodised aluminium barrel with 42mm 'T2' thread at the CCD window end & input/output plugs at rear.
- Weight: approx. 300g.