Big things can come in small packages and the CoStar from Starlight Xpress really is no exception. This tiny Autoguider comes fully packed with great features:
- Only 1¼” in diameter allows this to drop neatly into your 1¼” eyepiece holder - no additional adaptors required.
- Large area (6.78mm x 5.32mm) giving you a wide field of view to find a suitable guide star.
- Sensitive 55% Quantum Efficiency – sensitivity is everything.
- ‘Built-in’ Autoguider Port – no need to run extra cables from your computer to control your mount corrections.
- Powered by the USB of your computer so no need to carry an extra power supply with you – one less thing to forget when you are on your way to the Star Party.
- Compact and solid aluminium construction.
- Imager type: Aptina MT9M001 mono cmos chip with low dark current and anti-blooming.
- Full resolution Pixel data: Pixel size: 5.2uM x 5.2uM, Image format: 1304 x 1024 pixels
- Image area: 6.66mm (Horizontal) x 5.32mm (Vertical).
- Spectral Response: QE max at 620nM (~65%), 35% at 400nM and 770nM.
- Readout Noise: Less than 40 electrons RMS - typically only 20 electrons.
- Anti-blooming: Overload margin greater than 1000x.
- Dark current: Dark frame saturation time greater than 10 minutes. Less than 1 electrons/second @ + 10C ambient.
- Data format: 10 bits.
- Computer Interface: Built-in USB 2.0 compatible interface.
- Image download time: Typically 0.1 seconds at full resolution using USB 2.0.
- Power requirements: USB powered.
- Cooling system: Ambient air cooling.
- Size: 32 x 60mm black anodised aluminium barrel with 25 x 0.75mm 'C mount' thread at the CCD window end & input/output plugs at rear.
- Weight: approx. 45g.