The new ATIK 320E is a 2 Megapixel camera offering you the opportunity to take stunning wide field images of the sky at high-resolution. As with the ATIK 314E, its relatively small pixels make it ideally suited to popular short focal length refractors. The sheer number of pixels allows detailed images to be taken which will look great on the web or printed at A4 and greater sizes.
Like its siblings the ATIK 314E and ATIK 314L+ it is based on the highly regarded ATIK 3 series platform which gives the lowest read-noise of any camera currently available to amateur astronomers. The platform features USB 2.0 interface for fast readout, highly efficient cooling, and low weight.
- 2 Million 4.4uM square pixels for high resolution imaging
- Ultra low read noise for great sensitivity
- Lightweight in order not to cause flexure of the telescope focuser tube
- Highly efficient cooling to 25 degrees below ambient
- Great software for image acquisition and preprocessing
What’s included in the box?
- camera body with 1.25” adaptor
- 3 meter USB cable
- 1.8 meter battery power connector (with car lighter plug)
- CD-ROM with drivers, software and user manual (PDF)
- quick start guide (printed)
ATIK's highly acclaimed Capture software is included for camera control and data acquisition, and plug-ins are included to allow use with Astroart, CCDSoft, and MaximDL.
System requirements: Pentium II PC with 64MB RAM, Windows 98/XP/Vista, CD-ROM drive and USB 2.0 port.
- Sensor Type: CCD - Sony ICX274
- Horizontal Resolution: 1620 pixels
- Vertical Resolution: 1220 pixels
- Pixel Size: 4.40 µM x 4.40 µM
- ADC: 16 bit
- Readout Noise: 3 e-
- Interface: USB 2.0 High Speed
- Power: 12v DC 0.55A
- Maximum Exposure Length: Unlimited
- Minimum Exposure Length: 1/1000 s
- Guide Port: ST-4 compatible
- Cooling: Thermoelectric set point with max DeltaT=-25°C
- Backfocus Distance: 12mm
- Thread on front of camera: T-Thread (M42x0.75)
- Dimensions: 110mm diameter, 53mm deep
- Weight: approx. 350 gr