1600x1200, Monochrome Camera
Sentech's USB2.0 Ultra-Small cameras are ideal choices for planetary, lunar, and solar imaging. They also feature an extended exposure mode with noise-reduction that makes longer exposures of deep-sky objects possible with no additional modifications. They make a great planetary camera while allowing basic deep-sky imaging at a fraction of the cost of a cooled astronomical CCD camera.
The STC-MB202USB is an ultra-compact, progressive scan, UXGA, USB camera with a 1/1.8” monochrome CCD. At full resolution it can capture 15 frames per second (fps). Faster frame rates are possible with partial scanning modes that use a smaller portion of the sensor.
Most USB video cameras used for solar system imaging capture data at 8-bit depth. While this is fine for most planetary imaging, a higher bit-depth can be preferable for solar imaging where the extra dynamic range allows for capturing both surface detail and prominences in the same exposure. The Sentech cameras can capture 10-bit data at 1/2 the full frame rate, and 12-bit data at 1/4 the full frame rate.
- Image Sensor: 1/1.8” Interline UXGA monochrome progressive CCD: Sony ICX274AL
- Effective Pixels: 1628 (H) x 1236 (V)
- Sensor Size: 7.04 (H) x 5.28 (V) mm
- Pixel Size: 4.40 (H) x 4.40 (V) µm
- Scanning System: Progressive
- Resolution: 1600 (H) x 1200 (V) (Full scanning); 1600 (H) x 544 (V) (1/2 partial scanning); 1600 (H) x 208 (V) (1/4 partial scanning)
- Scanning Methods: Full scanning, 1/1 partial scanning, 1/2 partial scanning, 1/4 partial scanning, Variable partial scanning
- Maximum Frame Rate (Full Scanning): 15 fps (Normal) / 7.5 fps (1/2 clock) / 4 fps (1/4 clock) / Up to 61 fps with 1/4 partial scanning
- Video Output: 8bit / 10bit / 12bit
- Minimum Scene Illumination: 0.13 Lux at F1.2
- Electronic Shutter: Auto / Manual (software selectable)
- Gain: Auto / Manual (software selectable)
- Gamma: Manual (software selectable)
- Input / Output: USB 2.0 High Speed
- Power: Input Voltage +5 Vdc through USB connector (+4.4 to +5.25V); Consumption < 450 mA
- Dimensions: 28 (W) x 28 (H) x 37 (D) mm (excluding connector)
- Lens Mount: C mount
- Weight: Approximately 45g
- Interface Connector: Mini-B USB connector IO signal
- Included Accessories: Mini USB cable, 1.25" nosepiece with filter threads, software CD