1280x960, Monochrome Camera
Sentech's USB2.0 Ultra-Small cameras are ideal choices for planetary, lunar, and solar imaging. They also feature an extended exposure mode with noise-reduction that makes longer exposures of deep-sky objects possible with no additional modifications. They make a great planetary camera while allowing basic deep-sky imaging at a fraction of the cost of a cooled astronomical CCD camera.
The STC-MB133USB is an ultra-compact, progressive scan, SXGA, USB camera with a 1/3” monochrome CCD. At full resolution it can capture 22 frames per second (fps). Faster frame rates are possible with partial scanning modes that use a smaller portion of the sensor.
Most USB video cameras used for solar system imaging capture data at 8-bit depth. While this is fine for most planetary imaging, a higher bit-depth can be preferable for solar imaging where the extra dynamic range allows for capturing both surface detail and prominences in the same exposure. The Sentech cameras can capture 10-bit data at 1/2 the full frame rate, and 12-bit data at 1/4 the full frame rate.
- Image Sensor: 1/3” Interline SXGA color progressive CCD: Sony ICX445AL
- Effective Pixels: 1296 (H) x 966 (V)
- Sensor Size: 4.80 (H) x 3.60 (V) mm
- Pixel Size: 3.75 (H) x 3.75 (V) µm
- Scanning System: Progressive
- Resolution: 1280 (H) x 960 (V) (Full scanning); 1280 (H) x 440 (V) (1/2 partial scanning); 1280 (H) x 168 (V) (1/4 partial scanning)
- Scanning Methods: Full scanning, 1/1 partial scanning, 1/2 partial scanning, 1/4 partial scanning, Variable partial scanning
- Maximum Frame Rate (Full Scanning): 22 fps (Normal) / 11 fps (1/2 clock) / 5.5 fps (1/4 clock) / Up to 90 fps with 1/4 partial scanning
- Video Output: 8bit / 10bit / 12bit
- Minimum Scene Illumination: 0.15 Lux at F1.2
- Electronic Shutter: Auto / Manual (software selectable)
- Gain: Auto / Manual (software selectable)
- Gamma: Manual (software selectable)
- Input / Output: USB 2.0 High Speed
- Power: Input Voltage +5 Vdc through USB connector (+4.4 to +5.25V); Consumption < 300 mA
- Dimensions: 28 (W) x 28 (H) x 37 (D) mm (excluding connector)
- Lens Mount: CS mount
- Weight: Approximately 45g
- Interface Connector: Mini-B USB connector IO signal
- Included Accessories: Mini USB cable, 1.25" nosepiece with filter threads, software CD