Named for the Latin word for butterfly, PENTAX Papilio 8.5x21 binoculars are the perfect choice for insect observation in the field and in museums and galleries. The enhanced observation capability of the Papilio binoculars is made possible by a PENTAX Convergent Lens Optical System Engineering (CLOSE) mechanism. The CLOSE mechanism automatically slides the left and right objective lenses toward the center when the focus is fixed at a short distance.
- Binocular Type: Center focusing, porro-prism
- Lens Construction: Objective Lens: 2 elements in 1 group Eyepiece Lens: 5 elements in 5 groups
- Magnification: 8.5x
- Objective Lens Diameter: 21mm
- Real Field of View: 6.0 degrees
- Apparent Field of View: 50 degrees
- Field Of View At 1000 Meters: 105m
- Field of View at 1000 yards: 315 ft.
- Exit Pupil: 2.5mm
- Eye Relief: 15mm
- Prism: Porro
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 1.6 ft.
- Relative Brightness: 6.3
- Diopter Adjustment Range: +/- 4 m -1
- Diopter Adjustment: Right diopter ring (click diopter adjustment)
- Eye Width Adjustment Range: 2.2 - 2.9"
- Focusing Range: 1.6 ft. - infinity
- Eyepiece Ring: Helicoid Type
- Body Color: Black & dark gray
- Dimensions: 4.5 x 4.3 x 2.2"
- Weight: 10.2 oz.
- Accessories: Eyepiece lens caps, Case, Neck strap
- Vergence Correction: Focus-coupled correction mechanism