Top > Manufacturers > Starlight Xpress > CCD Cameras > Starlight Xpress Trius-H16 - Monochrome CCD Camera|
Starlight Xpress Trius-H16 - Monochrome CCD Camera
Starlight Xpress Trius-H16 - Monochrome CCD Camera Description
The new 'Trius' version adds a triple USB hub and argon fill to the H16 design.
- Large, high resolution Kodak CCD chip, with 4,194,304 x 7.4uM square pixels in a 15.15 x 15.15mm array.
- Low dark signal - Dark frames not necessary for most of the brighter deep sky objects.
- Anti-blooming with minimal effect on linearity and no lost active area.
- Built-in super high speed USB 2.0 interface for approx. 2.5 second downloads.
- High sensitivity, 55% QE at peak (green light).
- Built-in autoguider interface and output - compatible with the optional dedicated external guide camera.
- Single USB cable control for all features - get rid of that dangerous cable tangle!
- Only ONE computer needed to control all of the devices and functions.
- Very low power consumption. Less than 1.0 amps at 12v DC - 12VA at 110v or 240v AC.
- Compact and lightweight - only 75mm in diameter x 100mm long - less than 500 grams load on the telescope!
- CCD type: Kodak KAI4022M interline CCD with low dark current and vertical anti-blooming.
- CCD quality: Grade 2 or better - No dead columns, no dead pixels.
- CCD Full resolution Pixel data: Pixel size: 7.4uM x 7.4uM, Image format: 2048 x 2048 pixels
- CCD Image area: 15.15mm (Horizontal) x 15.15mm (Vertical).
- Spectral Response: QE max at 540nM (~55%), 30% at 400nM and 660nM.
- Readout Noise: Less than 10 electrons RMS - typically only 7 electrons.
- Full-well capacity: Greater than 40,000 e- (unbinned)
- Anti-blooming: Overload margin greater than 100x.
- Dark current: Dark frame saturation time greater than 10 hours. Less than 0.05 electrons/second @ + 10C ambient.
- Data format: 16 bits.
- System gain: 0.6 electrons per ADU
- Computer Interface: Built-in USB 2.0 compatible interface with 3 port USB 2 hub for peripheral devices.
- Image download time: Typically 2.5 seconds at full resolution using USB 2.0
- Power requirements: 115VAC / 240VAC @ 12VA, or 12VDC @ 1.5 A max.
- Cooling system: Regulated set-point cooling supply with two stage thermoelectric cooler to give a CCD temperature of better than -40C below ambient. Dry Argon fill.
- Size: 75 x 100mm black anodised aluminium barrel with 42mm 'T2' thread at the CCD window end & input/output plugs at rear.
- Weight: approx. 400g.
Copyright ©2000-2013 Starizona
Adventures In Astronomy & Nature, All rights reserved
5757 N. Oracle Rd., Suite 103 · Tucson, Arizona 85704 · Call Us: (520) 292-5010
Map & Directions -