Top > Imaging > CCD Cameras > Starlight Xpress SXVR-H694 - Monochrome CCD Camera|
Starlight Xpress SXVR-H694 - Monochrome CCD Camera
Starlight Xpress SXVR-H694 - Monochrome CCD Camera Description
- Medium format, high resolution 'Exview' CCD chip, with 6,050,000 x 4.54uM square pixels in a 15.98mm diagonal array.
- Very high sensitivity - 77% QE at peak of response in yellow light, 65% at Hydrogen alpha line (656 nM).
- Exceptionally low dark signal - No dark frames necessary for most deep sky objects
- Exceptionally effective anti-blooming with minimal effect on linearity and no lost active area
- High speed USB 2.0 interface for approx. 5 second downloads
- Built-in autoguider interface and output - compatible with the Starlight Xpress optional dedicated external guide cameras
- Built-in dual serial ports for accessory control - directly drive filter wheels, GOTO telescopes etc.
- Single USB cable control for all features - get rid of that dangerous cable tangle!
- Very low power consumption. Less than 1 amp at 12v DC
- Compact and lightweight - only 75mm in diameter x 70mm long - less than 500 grams load on the telescope.
- CCD type: Sony ICX694ALG (mono) Exview CCD with ultra low dark current and vertical anti-blooming.
- CCD Full resolution pixel data: Pixel size: 4.54uM x 4.54uM, Image format: 2750 x 2200 pixels
- CCD Image area: 12.49mm (Horizontal) x 9.99mm (Vertical).
- CCD quality: Grade 1 or better - No bad columns, no dead pixels, no more than 50 'hot' pixels (saturated in <10 seconds).
- Spectral Response: QE max at 580nM (~77%), 50% roll-off at 360nM and 770nM.
- Readout Noise: Less than 7 electrons RMS - typically ONLY 5 electrons!
- Full-well capacity: Greater than 20,000 e- (unbinned)
- Anti-blooming: Overload margin greater than 800x.
- Dark current: Less than 0.002 electrons/second @ - 10C CCD temperature.
- Data format: 16 bits.
- System gain: 0.3 electrons per ADU
- Computer Interface: Built-in USB 2.0 compatible interface.
- Image download time: Typically 5 seconds at full resolution.
- Power requirements: 115VAC / 240VAC @ 12VA, or 12VDC @ 900mA max.
- Cooling system: Regulated set-point cooling supply with thermoelectric cooler to give a minimum CCD temperature of approximately -30C below ambient.
- Size: 75 x 70mm black anodized aluminum barrel with 42mm 'T2' thread at the CCD window end & input/output plugs at rear. CCD alignment screws are provided for setting the chip parallel to the focal plane.
- Weight: approx. 400g.
Copyright ©2000-2013 Starizona
Adventures In Astronomy & Nature, All rights reserved
5757 N. Oracle Rd., Suite 103 · Tucson, Arizona 85704 · Call Us: (520) 292-5010
Map & Directions -