Top > Manufacturers > Starlight Xpress > CCD Cameras > Starlight Xpress SXVR-H18 - Monochrome CCD Camera|
Starlight Xpress SXVR-H18 - Monochrome CCD Camera
Starlight Xpress SXVR-H18 - Monochrome CCD Camera Description
- Large, high resolution Kodak CCD chip, with 8,300,000 x 5.4uM square pixels in a 17.96 x 13.52mm array
- High sensitivity, 56% QE at peak (540nM - green light)
- Very good H-alpha sensitivity (48% QE at 656nM)
- Low dark signal - Dark frames not necessary for most of the brighter deep sky objects
- Anti-blooming with minimal effect on linearity
- Fused quartz optical window for good thermal and optical performance
- Fast, low vibration electric shutter. Latency less than 0.05 seconds
- Fully user adjustable chip alignment for perfect focus across the entire field
- Built-in super high speed USB 2.0 interface for approx. 4.5 second downloads
- Built-in autoguider interface and output - compatible with the optional dedicated external guide camera
- Built-in dual serial ports for accessory control - directly drive filter wheels, GOTO telescopes etc.
- Single USB cable control for all features - get rid of that dangerous cable tangle!
- Only ONE computer needed to control all of the devices and functions
- Very low power consumption. Less than 1.0 amps at 12v DC - 12VA at 110v or 240v AC
- Compact and lightweight - only 75mm in diameter x 70mm long - less than 500 grams load on the telescope!
- CCD type: Kodak KAF8300M full frame CCD with low dark current and lateral anti-blooming.
- CCD Full resolution Pixel data: Pixel size: 5.4uM x 5.4uM, Image format: 3326 x 2504 pixels
- CCD Image area: 17.96mm (Horizontal) x 13.52mm (Vertical).
- CCD quality: Standard grade - No dead columns, no dead pixels.
- Spectral Response: QE max at 540nM (~56%), 48% at 470nM and 656nM.
- Readout Noise: Less than 8 electrons RMS - typically only 6.5 electrons.
- Full-well capacity: Greater than 25,000 e- (unbinned)
- Anti-blooming: Overload margin greater than 100x.
- Dark current: Dark frame saturation time greater than 10 hours. Less than 0.05 electrons/second @ + 10C ambient.
- Data format: 16 bits.
- System gain: 0.35 electrons per ADU
- Computer Interface: Built-in USB 2.0 compatible interface.
- Image download time: Typically 4.5 seconds at full resolution using USB 2.0.
- Power requirements: 115VAC / 240VAC @ 12VA, or 12VDC @ 750mA max.
- Cooling system: Regulated constant current cooling supply with two stage thermoelectric cooler to give a CCD temperature of approximately -40C below ambient.
- Size: 75 x 70mm black anodised aluminium barrel with 42mm 'T2' thread at the CCD window end & input/output plugs at rear. CCD alignment screws are provided for setting the chip parallel to the focal plane.
- Weight: approx. 400g.
Copyright ©2000-2013 Starizona
Adventures In Astronomy & Nature, All rights reserved
5757 N. Oracle Rd., Suite 103 · Tucson, Arizona 85704 · Call Us: (520) 292-5010
Map & Directions -