Top > Imaging > Focal Reducers > Reducer Lens .7x - Edge HD 800|
Reducer Lens .7x - Edge HD 800
Reducer Lens .7x - Edge HD 800 Description
- The EdgeHD .7x Reducer Makes Your EdgeHD 800 One Full F-Stop Faster Than f/10, Reducing Your Exposure Time by One-Half to Capture the Same Brightness of Object
- 4-element lens design
- Maintains similar flat-field performance as native Edge HD optical design
- Increases Field of View by 43% to Better Capture Wide Field Images
- Optimized for APS-C sized sensors, including most DSLR cameras and Nightscape CCD cameras
- Provides generous 105mm back focus to accomodate additional accessories and a wide variety of cameras
- Compatible with EdgeHD 800 T-adapter
Celestron’s new EdgeHD reducers features a custom 4 element optical design engineered to maintain the flat-field performance of their award winning EdgeHD optical system. Unlike generic reducers, these premium reducers provide substantial back focus to accommodate an assortment of imaging accessories.
EdgeHD reducers offer high index optical elements, including extra low dispersion, exotic Lanthanum elements, which provide high contrast viewing while minimizing chromatic aberration. All air to glass lens surfaces feature multiple layers of coating for maximum light transmission and color correction and contain blackened edges to minimize internal reflection and maximize image contrast.
Incorporating computer assisted CNC machined aluminum housing, for precise spacing and alignment of optical elements, and threaded metal covers on the lens assembly to protect your investment from dust and scratches, the reducers offer you an outstanding mechanical design.
With the Fastar/HyperStar option on all EdgeHD optical systems, coupled with the .7x reducer, your telescope becomes the most complete imaging system available in its price range today.
- Design: 4-element optical layout designed specifically for the EdgeHD 8" to maintain the flat-field performance of the Edge HD optical design
- 105mm of back focus: Provides generous back focus to accommodate additional accessories and a wide variety of cameras. Also allows use of existing T-adapters for EdgeHD 800 and other Celestron imaging accessories
- One full F-Stop faster than f/10: Reduces the exposure time by one-half to capture the same brightness of object
- Increase field of view by 43%: Better for capturing wide field images of larger galaxies and nebulae
- Lanthanum Glass Elements: EdgeHD reducer uses "rare earth" Lanthanum glass elements for clear, high contrast viewing while minimizing chromatic aberration
- Fully multi-coated lens elements: All air-to-glass surfaces have multiple layers of coating for maximum light transmission and color correction
- Blackened edges: All lens elements have blackened edges to minimize internal reflection and maximize contrast
APS Frame Design
- Optimized for APS-C sized sensors: Including most DSLR cameras and Nightscape CCD cameras
- Machined aluminum housing: Computer assisted CNC machined aluminum housing for precise spacing and alignment of the optical elements.
- Threaded metal covers for both ends of the lens assembly: To protect your investment from unwanted dust and scratches.
- Provides and intermediate focal length between EdgeHD's native f/10 (or f/11) and the optional Hyperstar accessory at f/2, making the EdgeHD the most complete imaging system in its price range
- Lens Elements: 4-Element
- Compression Factor: .7 x
- Optical Coatings: Fully multi-coated
- Optimal Back Focus: 105 mm (4.13 in)
- Weight: 0.8 lbs (0.36 kg)
Copyright ©2000-2017 Starizona
Adventures In Astronomy & Nature, All rights reserved
5757 N. Oracle Rd., Suite 103 · Tucson, Arizona 85704 · Call Us: (520) 292-5010
Map & Directions -