Save during Celestron's Summer Imaging Promotion, through August 31st, 2015!
Nightscape CCD camera combines the simplicity of a one-shot color imaging camera with the sophisticated features and software of more expensive astronomical imaging systems. Using a Kodak 10.7MP Color Sensor and regulated TEC cooling system, Nightscape can give you instant results in just a single exposure. Coupled with the internal mechanical shutter and control software you can also automatically combine multiple images and dark frames to create images comparable to those taken with professional grade cameras costing thousands more.
With Nightscape you get:
With compact 4.75 micron x 4.75 micron pixels and 2x2 and 4x4 binning, the Nightscape is perfectly matched for optimal resolution at multiple F-numbers. With an F/10 system and 2x2 binning, Nightscape gives you a large image scale while still providing sub-arc second image sampling; ideal for bringing out fine detail in planets and compact deep-sky objects. Or take advantage of the high resolution 4.75 micron x 4.75 micron pixels at f/2 with HyperStar to capture your favorite wide field objects while maintaining resolution better than your "seeing" conditions. Nightscape gives you the versatility to match all the configurations of your EdgeHD, SCT or other optical system.
The Kodak KAI-10100 Color Sensor offers both light sensitivity and a balanced spectral response for capturing true color fidelity in a fraction of the time as with a color filter wheel.
Regulated Thermoelectric Cooling (TEC) and variable fan control provides a vibration free laminar air flow to dramatically reduce thermal noise inherent in all imaging sensors.
Compact four inch diameter design provides minimal obstruction needed for HyperStar f/2 imaging. The round symmetrical aluminum cast body resembles the obstruction of the secondary mirror of a Cassegrain telescope ensuring round star with minimal light diffraction. Additionally the spacing to sensor is the same distance as most DSLR cameras allowing compatibility with most standard DSLR t-adapters.
Celestron AstroFX software takes you step-by-step from taking images to processing the final result. AstroFX gives you full control of your camera from temperature regulation, exposure control as well as computer assisted focusing for easy image acquisition. AstroFX knows just what to do with your images and calibration frames to create a final master image that's been stacked, stretched, sharpened, saturated and ready to share with your friends in a snap.
- Processor – Pentium™ or equivalent, or higher
- Windows XP™, Windows Vista™, or Windows 7™ (or higher), 32-bit or 64-bit
- 1 GB RAM
- Disk Space – 20 MB for program installation
- Video Display minimum 1024 x 768, 16-bit color or higher
Included with your Nightscape is Celestron's innovative AstroFX software. AstroFx takes you step-by-step from snapping an image to processing the final result.
AstroFX gives you full control of your camera from temperature regulation, exposure control as well as computer assisted focusing for easy image acquisition. AstroFX knows just what to do with your images and calibration frames to create a final master image that's been stacked, stretched, sharpened, saturated and ready to share with your friends in a snap.
NightScape CCD Camera - General Features
- One shot color imaging using 10.7 MP CCD sensor - No filter wheels or color combining needed
- 4.75 micron x 4.75 micron pixels - Small pixels and 2x2 and 4x4 binning allows for optimal resolution at multiple F-numbers
- Thermoelectric cooling (TEC) - Regulated TEC and adjustable fan to dramatically reduce thermal noise
- Internal Mechanical Shutter - makes acquiring dark frames easy
- AstroFX software - takes you step-by-step from taking images to processing the final result
- Full-frame image buffer allows you to take images even while downloading
- Camera Resolution: 10.7 MP (3760x2840)
- Sensor Size: 17.9 mm x 13.5 mm (22.5 mm diagonal)
- Pixel Size: 4.75 micron square
- Imaging Sensor: Kodak KAI-10100 Color Sensor
- Exposure Range: .001 sec to 24hrs (2x2, 4x4 Bin); .01sec to 24hrs (1x1 binning)
- Binning: 2x2, 4x4
- Cooling: Regulated Thermoelectric w/ Fan
- Shutter: Internal Mechanical
- Cooling Range: 20C° below ambient
- Operating Environment: 40C° to -40C° (104F to -40F)
- A/D Conversion: 16 bit
- Full Well Capacity: 25,000 e-
- Read Noise (RMS): 13 e-
- Dark Signal (at 0° C): 2e-/pixel/second
- Quantum Efficiency: 32%@630 nm; 42%@550 nm; 40%@470 nm
- Dynamic Range: 64 dB
- Mounting: 2" barrel and t-thread
- Back Focus: 55 mm w/ 2" barrel; 26 mm w/o barrel
- Download Time: 20 sec or less for full-frame image
- Software Compatibility: AstroFX, MaxinDL, ASCOM Driver
- USB Cable: High-Speed 2.0, 10' cable length
- Sub-Framing: Full, Half, Quarter, selectable
- Optical Window: High transmission Schott B270 glass
- Optical Coatings: IR cutoff and anti-reflection multi-coatings
- Power Requirements: 12VDC 2.5Amp, tip positive
- Weight: 2 lbs (0.91 kg)