The popularity of the NexStar 114 models inspired Celestron to go bigger! Celestron is proud to introduce NexStar 130 SLT. The NexStar 130 SLT has 30% more light-gathering power than the 114mm telescope.
And the 130 SLT, like the other models in the SLT Series, comes with a fully computerized hand control. The computerized hand control gives you the ability to automatically slew to any of its 4,000+ objects, including over 600 galaxies, 300 clusters and dozens of beautiful binary stars. With its pre-assembled, adjustable steel tripod, the NexStar 130 SLT can be up and ready to use in a matter of minutes. Celestron's new SkyAlign alignment technology and the included StarPointer Finderscope with a red LED makes aligning a breeze.
View the details of the lunar surface, the rings of Saturn, the polar ice caps on Mars, the cloud belts on Jupiter or a number of the Messier objects such as the globular cluster in Hercules (M13), or the Great Nebula in Orion (M42). Begin to explore some of the fainter Messier objects using the additional light-gathering capabilities of the 130 SLT’s 5" primary mirror.
Because of the Newtonian design, the mirror gives fully color-corrected views that are best suited for astronomical use.
- High quality 130mm reflector
- Fully computerized altazimuth mount
- StarPointer finderscope to help with alignment and accurately locating
- Quick-release fork arm mount, optical tube and accessory tray for quick no
tool set up
- Sturdy stainless steel tripod and accessory tray included
- Includes CD-ROM "The Sky" Astronomy Software which provides education
about the sky and printable sky maps
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- Database allows telescope to locate over 4,000 celestial objects
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, making
for a fast and easy alignment process
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for
downloading product updates over the Internet
- Internal battery compartment to prevent cord wrap during use
- Auxiliary port for additional accessories such as GPS accessory
- Includes NSOL telescope control software for basic control of your
telescope via computer (with optional RS-232 cable)
- Compatible with optional NexRemote telescope control software, for
advanced control of your telescope via computer
- Aperture: 130 mm (5.12 in)
- Focal Length: 650 mm
- Focal Ratio: f/5
- Eyepieces: 25mm (26x), 9mm (72x)
- Star Diagonal: 1.25"
- Finderscope: StarPointer