The MicroTouch Autofocuser is designed to work with the popular Feathertouch line of focusers from Starlight Instruments. The MicroTouch allows autofocusing of a CCD camera when interfaced with a computer (via USB). Included features also include Temperature Compensation, Digital Readout, and Manual Operation. The MicroTouch works with both regular Feathertouch (Crayford-style or rack-and-pinion) focusers and the Feathertouch SCT MicroFocusers.
- Automatic focus with ASCOM-compatible software (FocusMax, MaxIm DL, ImagesPlus, etc)*
- Temperature compensation using built-in thermistor
- All electronics in single hand-controller box -- no separate hub and extra cables
- Manual control with hand-controller box for use visually or with video cameras/webcams
- MicroTouch software for configuring system and remote manual operation
* Note: Autofocusing with FocusMax requires MaxIm DL or CCDSoft for camera control interface.
- MicroTouch Hand Controller with Digital Readout
- Stepper Motor Unit*
- Motor Cable
- USB 2.0 Cable
- Power Supply (choose AC and/or DC when ordering)
- CD-ROM: MicroTouch control software, hardware drivers, ASCOM Platform, FocusMax software, and operating instructions
The MicroTouch Autofocuser is ASCOM compatible.
* Included motor fits 2" Feathertouch Crayford focusers and Feathertouch SCT MicroFocusers (except old-style C14). For the old-style C14 MicroFocuser, choose the 2.0" original-style motor. Other motor options are available for Feathertouch 2.5", 3.0" and 3.5" focusers; direct-drive motors for Feathertouch 3.5" and TEC focusers; Skywatcher refractors; Stellarvue standard focusers; and Takahashi FSQ refractors. Choose the motor below.
Also available is a wireless version of the MicroTouch Autofocuser.
||View the instruction manual for this product
||Download the 32/64-bit compatible drivers (updated for Windows 10 and earlier) and all necessary install files. Includes installation instructions, ASCOM 6 SP1, FocusMax 220.127.116.11, MicroTouch drivers, MicroTouch control software, etc. 74MB ZIP file.
||Download same drivers (updated for Windows 10 and earlier) and install files as above, without ASCOM (for users who already have ASCOM installed). 18MB ZIP file.
||FocusMax Star List for HyperStar
Download this handy list of 24 perfect stars for focusing with FocusMax, the MicroTouch, and a HyperStar. Because of the sensitivity of HyperStar, the usual 3rd to 4th magnitude stars for training First Light in FocusMax are too bright. This list gives 5th to 6th magnitude stars, ideally located for northern hemisphere observers in the evening sky each month. Just type in the RA and DEC into your goto scope and you'll easily find the perfect focusing star!
Read the MicroTouch Autofocuser article from Astronomy Technology Today magazine.
Choose power adapter and motor options below.
Choose AC for plugging into a wall outlet. Choose DC for a cigarette-lighter style plug for use with a battery.
Choose the Low-Profile Motor for SCT MicroFocusers (except old-style C14) or 2.0" Feathertouch focusers. For old-style C14, choose the Original Style 2.0" Motor. Choose the 2.5"/2.7"/3.0" Motor for 2.5" and 3.0" Feathertouch focusers or Astro-Physics 2.7" retrofits. Choose the 3.5"/4.0" Motor for 3.5" Feathertouch focusers or Astro-Physics 4.0" retrofits. Choose the 3.5" Direct Drive for a zero-slip motor for heavy payloads on the 3.5" Feathertouch focuser. Now available are motors to fit Sky-Watcher USA refractors (all current models), Stellarvue refractors, and Takahashi FSQ refractors (106mm and 85mm).