Shown with optional Astro-Physics 1200GTO equatorial mount, Apogee Alta U16M, Astrodon MonsterMOAG, and SBIG ST-402ME
Starizona has developed an astrographic telescope that will deliver the largest, highest quality field of view in its class. With a 70mm diffraction-limited image circle, the Hyperion telescope produces ideal star images over a field large enough to accommodate even the biggest CCD sensors. The Hyperion was engineered to deliver exquisite optical performance and high-quality mechanical design at a cost much less than competing models. The unique optical design allows for very high performance at a fraction of the cost. The Hyperion is the ultimate high-resolution imaging system.
Standard features include a high-precision instrument rotator, integrated telescope control panel, and wireless computer control. The instrument rotator is integrated into the back of the telescope and uses a custom 6-inch brass worm gear and unique stainless-steel bearing system, allowing for a precise and robust design. The telescope control panel, built into the back plate of the telescope, features a digital readout display and control the instrument rotator, cooling fans, dew heaters, and two MicroTouch autofocusers (one for the Hyperion and one for an optional piggyback instrument). All telescope electronic functions are controlled from your computer via a tiny wireless USB box, eliminating the tangle of cables normally associated with running imaging accessories. All features are ASCOM compatible, allowing for automation with popular imaging control software.
The Hyperion uses an innovative Harmer-Wynne optical design. This design provides high performance but is relatively simple to manufacture, allowing us to offer a wealth of features at a competitive price. The Harmer-Wynne design employs a parabolic primary mirror, spherical secondary mirror, and two-element afocal corrector lens located in the primary baffle tube. The result is a flat field free from coma and astigmatism.
- Flat-field, Harmer-Wynne optical design
- 70mm (1.6°) diffraction-limited image circle
- RMS spot radius less than 6 microns over 84mm (1.9°) field
- No chromatic aberration over 350nm-1100nm range
- Low thermal expansion carbon-fiber optical tube
- Starlight Instruments 3.5" Feathertouch Focuser
- MicroTouch temperature-compensating autofocuser
- High-precision instrument rotator
- Integrated telescope control panel with automatic and manual control of telescope electronics
- Digital readout display
- Wireless computer interface
- ASCOM compliant electronic features
- CNC machined 6061 aluminum construction
- Two Losmandy-style dovetail plates
- Two rear cell cooling fans for rapid thermal stabilization
- Primary and secondary mirror heaters to prevent dew
- Made in USA
- Aperture: 12.5" (320mm)
- Focal Ratio: f/8
- Focal Length: 2540mm
- Secondary Mirror Diameter: 5.5"
- Overall Length: 34.2 inches (44.3 inches with focuser)
- Width: 15.7 inches
- Height: 16.4 inches
- Total Weight: 70 lbs.
Visit HyperionTelescopes.com for additional info
View the instruction manual for the Hyperion 12.5
Download software and drivers (updated for Windows 10 and earlier) for the Hyperion telescope (6MB)
Deposit: 50% deposit required at time of order. Remainder of payment due when the telescope is ready to ship. There is a 3% fee for cancelled orders. Please call us with any questions.
Shipping: Actual shipping cost is determined at time of shipment. The Hyperion 12.5" ships in a custom-fit crate which is 47 x 22 x 28 inches (LxWxH)