Top > Manufacturers > Losmandy > Mounts > GM-8 Equatorial Mount w/Gemini GOTO System|
GM-8 Equatorial Mount w/Gemini GOTO System
GM-8 Equatorial Mount w/Gemini GOTO System Description
- All machined aluminum and stainless steel, black anodized.
- All stainless steel hardware.
- One 2.100” diameter needle thrust bearing.
- One 2.000” diameter needle thrust bearing.
- Two 1.500” diameter needle bearings.
- 2.812" diameter, 7075 aluminum worm gear, 180 tooth.
- Dual supported, ball bearing housed stainless steel worm-heat treated and
- Variable slip clutch, both axes. One knob design.
- 1.250” diameter stainless steel shafts.
- Fully locking, unique tangent arm design altitude adjustment, 0-64
degrees, large knob for easy alignment.
- Laser engraved latitude scale in 2 degree increments.
- Single knob azimuth control, bi-directional +/- 8.5 degree.
- 3.500" diameter laser engraved setting circles 6 minute R.A. / 2 degrees
DEC. R.A. circle engraved for Northern and Southern Hemisphere.
- Porter slip ring design.
- 160 oz/in stepper motor, 1.0 arc sec. step.
- Spit Dovetail saddle-plate design. Accepts "D" series dovetail plates.
Dovetail plate drops in and locks allowing for interchaning of any tube
assembly, reducing the need for DEC weights.
- Removable stainless steel weight shaft w/safety knob.
- 7 lb counterweight.
- 11 lb and 21 lb extra counterweights available.
- Through the axis polar scope, works in Northern and Southern Hemisphere.
Polar scope optional.
- Instrument weight capacity 30 lbs.
- Equatorial head weight 21 lbs.
- All machined aluminum, black anodized, powder coated.
- Tripod height, adjustable from 27” - 43”
- Fold-up tripod design for easy transporting.
- Tripod weight 15 lbs.
Gemini GOTO System
- Very High Precision pointing to less than 1 arc minute
- Object search mode with user definable search radius
- Sidereal, Solar Lunar and King tracking rates
- User brightness adjustable LED display
- Up to 256 alignment stars permitted either side of the meridian
- Menus are accessed by the standard Losmandy 4 button hand paddle
- An optional deluxe hand paddle that repeats the Main panel display
- RS232 serial port control by a PC using software such as The Sky, Guide
7.0 or Palm Planetarium
- T-Point (Software Bisque) Compatible
- Internal real time clock that displays, UTC, Local Mean Time an Sidereal
- Up to 10 degrees per second slewing (G-8)
- User definable Guiding, Centering Slewing and GOTO speeds
- Permanent Periodic Error Correction
- Allows manual telescope movement with optional shaft encoders
- Southern and Northern Hemisphere operation
- Retains position information after power off (for permanent observatory
- EPROM upgradeable software
Copyright ©2000-2014 Starizona
Adventures In Astronomy & Nature, All rights reserved
5757 N. Oracle Rd., Suite 103 · Tucson, Arizona 85704 · Call Us: (520) 292-5010
Map & Directions -