Save $300 on CPC-Series telescopes through December 31st, 2013!
The largest aperture of the CPC GPS line, The CPC 1100 GPS Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope has the most light gathering power and has a limiting magnitude of nearly 15. The CPC 1100 GPS takes full advantage of its vast database of thousands of NGC and Abell galaxies as well as delivering a new level of detail to all your favorite deep sky objects.
With sophisticated software features like Hibernate function, the CPC can maintain its star alignment night after night without needing to be re-aligned, making it an ideal instrument for a permanent observatory facility.
Celestron's new CPC Series with revolutionary SkyAlign Alignment
Technology re-defines everything that amateur astronomers are looking for — quick and simple alignment, GPS, unsurpassed optical quality, ease of set-up and use, ergonomics, enhanced computerization and, most important, affordability.
Internal GPS - The CPC Series' internal GPS receiver automatically downloads the date and time from orbiting satellites and pinpoints its exact location on Earth. This eliminates the need for you to manually enter the date, time, longitude and latitude.
Celestron's Revolutionary SkyAlign - Once the CPC's internal GPS has established the telescope's position, aligning the telescope is as easy as 1-2-3! Simply locate and use hand control to manually point (slew) the telescope to three bright celestial objects. You do not need to know the names of the stars — you may even pick the moon or bright planets! Celestron's NexStar® software technology will model the night sky to determine the position of every star, planet and celestial object above the horizon. Once aligned, the remote hand control allows direct access to each of the celestial catalogs in its user-friendly database.
Celestial Object Database - The CPC database contains over 40,000 celestial objects including Messier objects, the Caldwell Catalog, as well as NGC Galaxies, nebulae and planets. User-definable filter limits make navigating through this expansive database quicker and easier. Filter Limits let you filter out objects that are outside of your local horizon (ie, if trees or mountains were in the way).
Identify feature tells you what you're looking at, but it can also be a very fun way to tour around the sky. Just point the telescope up somewhere and ask it to identify Messier objects (for instance) and it will show you the 5 nearest Messier objects to your position and let you GOTO them. You can keep doing this for different parts of the sky or for different object types -- it is a lot of fun.
There's also "Solar Sys Align" that lets you align on the sun or moon for daytime observing -- it is easy to use this to see planets or bright stars in the day.
Innovative Features - The new CPC Series telescopes, like the acclaimed Advanced Series and premium CGE Series telescopes feature meticulously matched and hand-figured optical systems that are manufactured in Celestron's facilities in Torrance, California. In addition, all CPC models are available with StarBright and StarBright XLT High Performance Optical Coatings.
With the introduction of the CPC Series, Celestron has “gone back to the drawing board” and re-designed, re-engineered, and re-invented a telescope family that provides superior quality, unsurpassed ease of use, and incomparable value. All CPC models ship standard with NexRemote telescope control software.
- 11" Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope
- Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings
- Fully computerized dual fork arm altazimuth mount
- 8x50 finderscope to help accurately find objects
- Newly designed heavy-duty tripod makes attaching the telescope so easy you
can do it in the dark; also features sturdy 2" steel legs and accessory tray
- Ergonomic design - Comfortably lift and move the telescope from location
- Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing
objects that are high in the sky
- Convenient remote hand control holder - Allows you to view information
hands-free while using the scope
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- 40,000 object database with 400 user-definable objects and expanded
information on over 200 objects
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and
catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars;
variable star; solar systems; objects and asterisms
- Re-designed drive base and drive mechanics - Quiet operation; large drive
gears, quick release clutch
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, making
for a fast and easy alignment process
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for
downloading product updates over the Internet
- Permanent PEC
- Auxiliary port for additional accessories such as Autoguider, GPS
- NexRemote telescope control software and RS-232 cable included for
advanced control of your telescope via computer
- Aperture: 280 mm (11 in)
- Focal Length: 2800 mm
- Focal Ratio: f/10
- Optical Tube: Aluminum
- HyperStar Compatible: Yes
- Eyepiece: 40mm (70x)
- Star Diagonal: 1.25"
- Power Supply: Car battery adapter
- Telescope Weight: 65 lb (29.48 kg)
- Tripod Weight: 19 lb (8.62 kg)
- Power Requirements: 12 VDC 1.5A