The EdgeHD optical system takes all of the compact power popularized by the SCT and combines it with an improved high definition optical system for wide field, astrograph quality images.
As a visual instrument, EdgeHD optics deliver pinpoint images even with your widest field eyepiece. You can search for all of the Messier Catalog objects and see hundreds of other equally interesting NGC, IC and Caldwell objects with amazing clarity. For astroimaging, the EdgeHD optics produce aberration-free images across your favorite CCD or DSLR camera. All EdgeHD optics are designed to produce an extremely flat focal plane precise enough to match the strict tolerances of the largest commercial ccd detectors, allowing all stars to be in tight focus to the very edge of the chip.
Some companies boast that their telescopes give diffraction limited stars in the very center of the field of view. EdgeHD optics not only produce diffraction limited stars on axis, but maintain diffraction limited stars across the entire field of view of many of the most popular astrophotography cameras. Even at the very edge of a full frame camera chip, the EdgeHD delivers diffraction limited stars of only 1 arc seconds.
The EdgeHD optics produce a focal plane more than 3 times flatter than the standard equivalent SCT telescope with diffraction limited stars across the entire Nikon D3 or Canon 5D field of view!
Mirror Locks – To hold the mirror in place and reduce image shift during imaging.
Tube Vents - Each vent has an integrated 60 micron micro-mesh filter allowing hot air to be released from behind the primary mirror.
Fastar Versatility – All EdgeHD optical tubes are equipped with a removable secondary mirror for fast f/2 ccd imaging. Not only does imaging in the FASTAR configuration allow for exposure times that are 25 times faster than at f/10, but also yields a field of view five times wider. A perfect combination for imaging your favorite wide field objects in a fraction of the time. Fastar requires the use of Starizona's HyperStar lens.
CGE PRO 925 HD - General Features
- 9.25" EdgeHD Optics
- CGE PRO Computerized Equatorial Mount
- Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings
- 9x50 finderscope to help accurately find objects
- Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
- Heavy duty stainless steel tripod adjustable from 38 - 55"
CGE PRO 925 HD - HD Features
- New aplanatic Schmidt telescope design produces aberration-free images across a wide field of view
- Mirror tension locks hold the primary mirror in place and reduce image shift
- Cooling vents allow hot air to be released from behind the primary mirror
- HyperStar compatible for fast f/2 imaging
CGE PRO 925 HD - Computerized Mount Features
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- 40,000 object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- New All-Star Polar Alignment routine for both Northern and Southern Hemispheres.
- Software Features include: Database Filter Limits, Hibernate, five alignment methods and user-defined slew limits.
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable star; solar systems; objects and asterisms
- Double line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of goto features
- 12VDC Servo Motors with integrated optical encoders
- Permanent programmable periodic error correction (PEC) - corrects for periodic tracking errors inherent to all worm drives
- Drive Motors - High quality motors with seven slot skewed armature to minimize magnetic cogging for quiet operation and long life. Precision made cut-steel gears in gearbox for Improve tracking precision.
- Bearing and Shaft - Main shafts are made from 1.57" diameter steel tubing with .40" wall thickness with two preloaded 2.68" O.D. tapered roller bearings on each axes
- Precision worm drive system - .75" pitch dia. precision made steel worm preloaded with two .87" OD ball bearings to minimize run-out (a source of periodic error). 255 tooth 6" pitch dia. precision made worm wheel with enveloping brass teeth
- Spring loaded DEC worm to minimize backlash and makes guiding easy.
- 4 point RA and DEC clutch system for no-slip pointing precision
- Autoguide port, PC port and auxiliary ports located on the electronic pier for long exposure astrophotography
- Latitude range: 10° to 65° northern or southern hemispheres
- RS-232 communication port on hand control to control the telescope via a personal computer
- Includes NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer
- GPS-compatible with optional CN16 GPS Accessory (93967)