The Atik 460EX offers the the latest and greatest of Sony's CCDs, the ICX694. Featuring the latest generation EXview technology, this camera has an outstanding Quantum Efficiency, very low noise and excellent thermal management. This model is an ideal match to telescopes commonly used by amateurs, up to bigger SCTs or RCs. It’s excellent sensitivity makes it one of the best cameras for deep-sky astrophotography, offering a logical upgrade path for smaller CCD camera owners looking for uncompromizing performance. With more than twice the imaging area than the venerable ICX285, it will satisfy the need for larger sky coverage while maintaining the excellent low noise characteristics.
The Atik 460EX fully supports 1.25" filters down to f/2, so you won't need to replace any of your current investment in wheel or filters. This is an added advantage when looking to invest in a CCD camera that may go through multiple telescopes.
The Atik-4 Series cameras are a development of the renowned 3-Series cameras, featuring better cooling and narrower body. They benefit from setpoint cooling to make taking matching dark frames a snap, and simple 12V power requirement to facilitate field operation. The impressive sensitivity, great cooling and narrow profile, make the Atik Series 4 outstanding CCD cameras to use on modern telescopes, including Hyperstar systems.
What's included in the box?
- Camera body with 1.25'' adapter
- 3-meter (10-foot) USB cable
- 1.8-metre (6-foot) battery power connector
- CD-ROM with drivers, software and user's manual (PDF)
- Quickstart guide (paper)
Atik's highly-acclaimed Capture software is included for camera control and data acquisition, and plug-ins are included to allow use with Astroart and Maxim DL.
A universal (110-230V) power adapter is optional.
System requirements: Pentium III PC with 128MB RAM, Windows XP/Vista/Win7, CD-ROM drive and USB 2.0 port.
- Sensor Type: CCD - Sony ICX694
- Horizontal Resolution: 2750 pixels
- Vertical Resolution: 2200 pixels
- Pixel Size: 4.54 µm x 4.54 µm
- ADC: 16 bit
- Readout Noise: 5e- typical value
- Interface: Mini-USB 2.0 High Speed
- Power: 12v DC 1A
- Maximum Exposure Length: Unlimited
- Minimum Exposure Length: 1/1000 s
- Cooling: Termoelectric set point with max ?T=-25°C
- Weight: approx. 400 gr (14 oz)
We recommend adding an AC adapter if you plan to power the camera from an electrical strip. You can add this option below.