Save during Celestron's Summer Imaging Promotion! Through August 31st, 2014.
Advanced VX 8” EdgeHD: truly the ultimate entry-level astroimaging package. This package combines the groundbreaking new Advanced VX mount with Celestron’s best optics, the EdgeHD optical system. This setup offers the astroimager maximum versatility – allowing up to 3 different f-stop configurations. Users can attach a camera to the rear of the telescope and shoot at f/10, or attach our 8-inch focal reducer (coming soon) and shoot at f/7. Additionally, EdgeHD is Fastar/Hyperstar compatible, giving imagers the option to shoot at ultra-fast f/2. No matter which configuration you choose, EdgeHD technology gives you pinpoint stars all the way to the edge of the CCD sensor.
With an 8-inch optical tube and our portable Advanced VX mount, this setup can be easily transported and assembled by one person. You’ll also have plenty of load capacity to attach your camera and other accessories. This setup is simple enough for a beginner to use, but can also provide years of enjoyment for sophisticated astroimagers.
Advanced VX Mount
The new Advanced VX mount was specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for smaller telescopes. Now your smaller telescope can take advantage of All-Star Polar Alignment and autoguider support. You’ll be able to track through long exposures using permanently programmable periodic error correction. Image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip, so you can seamlessly image the best part of night sky. Advanced VX features significantly larger base castings than Celestron's previous design, improving stability under heavier loads. Improved motors offer more torque and can handle slight load imbalances with ease.
- 8” (2032mm) f/10 Edge HD includes StarBright XLT coatings for better light transmission
- Edge HD optical design fully corrects for coma and field curvature, delivering a truly flat field
- Built-in tube vents with integrated 60 micron mesh filters allow hot air to be released behind the primary mirror
- Fastar compatible tube comes with removable secondary mirror for fast f/2.1 imaging
- 9x50 optical finderscope for locating alignment stars
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear.
- Autoguider port for long exposure imaging
- New motors offer improved tracking performance & provide more power to overcome load imbalances
- Updated industrial design offers more rigidity, less flexure and improved aesthetics
- New design allows viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference from the motors housings
- Improved latitude range. Can be used between 7 – 77 degrees latitude.
- NexStar+ hand control offers multiple language programming (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
- Aperture (mm): 203 mm (7.99 in)
- Focal Length (mm): 2032 mm (80 in)
- Focal Ratio: 10
- Eyepiece 1 (mm): 40 mm (1.57 in)
- Magnification 1: 51 x
- Finderscope: 9x50
- Optical Tube: Aluminum
- Fastar Compatible: Yes
- Tripod: Adjustable, Stainless Steel
- Tripod Legs: 2"
- Weight (lbs): 59 lbs (27 kg)
- Power Supply: Car battery adapter
- Highest Useful Magnification: 480 x
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 29 x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 14
- Resolution (Rayleigh): 0.69 arc seconds
- Resolution (Dawes): 0.57 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 841 x
- Optical Tube Length: 17" in (432 mm)
- Optical Tube Weight: 13 lbs (5.9 kg)
- EQ Mount Weight: 17 lbs (7.71 kg)
- Tripod Height (Max): 64" in (1626 mm)
- Tripod Height (Min): 44" in (1118 mm)
- Tripod Weight: 18 lbs (8.16 kg)
- Counterweight Bar: 12" Length, 0.75" Diameter lbs (5.44 kg)
- Counterweights: 1 x 11 lbs
- Latitude Range: 7-77 deg
- Motor Drive: Low cog DC Servo motors with encoders, both axes
- Slew Speeds: Nine slew speeds, 4 deg/sec maximum
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Tracking Modes: EQ North and EQ South
- Alignment Procedures: 2-Star Align, Quick Align, 1-Star Align, Last Alignment, Solar System Align
- Communication Ports: 2x AUX ports, Autoguider port, RS-232 port (on hand control)
- Computer Hand Control: Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display; 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons
- Database: 40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects
- Power Requirements: 12V DC 3.5A (tip positive)
- Internal Clock: Yes
- GPS: Optional SkySync GPS Accessory