This package includes the Atik 383L+ monochrome CCD camera, EFW2 filter wheel for 1.25" filters, and carrying case.
The new Atik 383L+ is an 8 Megapixel camera using the Kodak KAF-8300 CCD. Over the last few months a huge amount has been written about this CCD, justifying its place in astronomer’s hearts. We can sum it up succinctly by saying it’s a fabulous CCD with a huge number of good-sized pixels that is currently available at an irresistible price. This sensor should redefine mid-range astro-imaging, making multi-megapixel, cooled cameras much more accessible.
So what of ATIK’s implementation? In the past ATIK has prided itself on providing cameras with the very highest image quality but at reasonable cost--they see no reason to change. They have built on the success of the very highly regarded ATIK Platform 3 to support Kodak’s KAF-8300. This immediately offers a huge number of advantages including the very low read-noise circuits and the reliability from using this established design.
- 8.3 Million 5.4µm square pixels for high-resolution imaging
- Ultra low read-noise for great sensitivity
- Lightweight - no flexure of the telescope focuser tube
- Highly efficient setpoint cooling to 40 degrees max below ambient
- Great software for image acquisition and pre-processing
- Memory Buffer to reduce readout artifacts
- High-Quality mechanical shutter
- Externally accessible dessicant plugs
What’s included in the box?
- camera body with 1.25” adaptor
- 3 meter USB cable
- 1.8 meter battery power connector (with car lighter plug)
- universal (110-230V) power adaptor is included
- CD-ROM with drivers, software and user manual (PDF)
- quick start guide (printed)
ATIK's highly acclaimed Capture software is included for camera control and data acquisition, and plug-ins are included to allow use with Astroart, CCDSoft, and MaximDL.
System requirements: Pentium II PC with 64MB RAM, Windows 98/XP/Vista, CD-ROM drive and USB 2.0 port.
- Sensor Type: CCD - KAF-8300
- Horizontal Resolution: 3362 pixels
- Vertical Resolution: 2504 pixels
- Pixel Size: 5.40 µM x 5.40 µM
- ADC: 16 bit
- Readout Noise: 7 e-
- Interface: USB 2.0 High Speed
- Power: 12v DC 0.55A
- Maximum Exposure Length: Unlimited
- Minimum Exposure Length: 3/10 s
- Guide Port: ST-4 compatible
- Cooling: Thermoelectric set point with max DeltaT=-40°C
- Backfocus Distance: 17mm
- Thread on front of camera: T-Thread (M42x0.75)
- Dimensions: 112mm x 112mm, 79mm deep
- Weight: approx. 700 gr
EFW2 Filter Wheel
The ATIK EFW2 features a slick design, with a slim and lightweight profile. For example, the distance between any Atik camera and the wheel itself is 0mm, while maintaining the possibility to rotate the camera to any desired position. Total extra backfocus needed will be only 22mm.
Atik Electronic Filter Wheel Features....
- closed design eliminates light leaks even in the presence of light-pollution
- central support maintains rigidity even when using heavier cameras
- magnetic sensors allow precise positioning without the use of LEDs
- battery power connector (12V Cigarette lighter cable) and 3m USB cable
- extremely affordable price!
- interchangeable Filter Disks Available - Unit includes one complimentary disk specified by customer at the time of purchase - options include 5x50.8mm, 5x2” mounted, 7x36mm and 9x1.25” mounted
- 3m USB cable
- 12V Cigarette lighter cable
- 2" adapter