The ATIK 314L+ camera is based on the highly successful ATIK 3 platform, which features state-of-the-art technology for supreme performance and ease-of-use. In addition the 314L+ has full set point temperature regulation to make taking matching dark frames a snap.
A result of extensive research and development, the ATIK 3 platform's benefits include:
- USB2 performance for ultra-fast download speeds
- 1 Megapixel/second readout, or 2 Megapixel/second in preview mode
- advanced electronics provide best-in-the-field readout noise characteristics
- lightweight cases put less stress on your focuser
- compact and symmetrical camera design allows use with fork mounts, as well as Starizona's Hyperstar system
- low power consumption - 12V, 0.8A - means longer imaging sessions in the field
- highly-efficient thermoelectric cooling - to 27°C below ambient temperature - virtually eliminates thermal current, making dark frames unnecessary
- software-controlled cooling switch for automated operation
- the 314L+ features an ST-4-Compatible port and can be used as a guide camera as well as an imager
Like its brother the ATIK 314E, this camera draws on all the advantages of this popular and highly successful platform. However, the ATIK 314L+ incorporates an exceptional Sony ICX285AL ExView 1392x1040 sensor with larger 6.45µm pixels, making it suitable for use on a wide range of telescopes. Readout noise is typically 4 electrons rms making this an extremely sensitive camera, and data download takes only 1.8s for a full-frame readout, or 0.9s in preview mode. The camera weighs only 400g.
What’s included in the box?
- camera body with 1.25” adaptor
- 3 meter USB cable
- 1.8 meter battery power connector (with car lighter plug)
- CD-ROM with drivers, software and user manual (PDF)
- quick start guide (printed)
ATIK's highly acclaimed Capture software is included for camera control and data acquisition, and plug-ins are included to allow use with Astroart, CCDSoft, and MaximDL.
System requirements: Pentium II PC with 64MB RAM, Windows 98/XP/Vista, CD-ROM drive and USB 2.0 port.
- Sensor Type: CCD - Sony ICX285AL
- Horizontal Resolution: 1392 pixels
- Vertical Resolution: 1040 pixels
- Pixel Size: 6.45 µM x 6.45 µM
- ADC: 16 bit
- Readout Noise: 4 e-
- Interface: USB 2.0 High Speed
- Power: 12v DC 0.55A
- Maximum Exposure Length: Unlimited
- Minimum Exposure Length: 1/1000 s
- Guide Port: ST-4 compatible
- Cooling: Thermoelectric set point with max DeltaT=-27°C
- Backfocus Distance: 12mm
- Thread on front of camera: T-Thread (M42x0.75)
- Dimensions: 110mm diameter, 56mm deep
- Weight: approx. 400 gr