The ATIK 314E camera is based on the highly successful ATIK 3 platform, which features state-of-the-art technology for supreme performance and ease-of-use.
A result of extensive research and development, the ATIK 3 platform's benefits include:
- USB2 performance for ultra-fast download speeds
- 1 Megapixel/second readout, or 2 Megapixel/second in preview mode
- advanced electronics provide best-in-the-field readout noise characteristics
- lightweight cases put less stress on your focuser
- compact and symmetrical camera design allows use with fork mounts, as well as Starizona's Hyperstar system
- low power consumption - 12V, 0.8A - means longer imaging sessions in the field
- highly-efficient thermoelectric cooling - to 25°C below ambient temperature - virtually eliminates thermal current, making dark frames unnecessary
- software-controlled cooling switch for automated operation
- the 314E features an ST-4-Compatible port and can be used as a guide camera as well as an imager
Drawing on all the advantages of this popular platform, the ATIK 314E camera incorporates a Sony ICX205AL ExView 1392x1040 sensor with 4.65µm pixels. Readout noise is typically a class leading 3 electrons rms, and data download takes only 1.6s for a full-frame readout, or 0.8s in preview mode. The camera weighs only 350g.
The ATIK 314E camera is especially useful with both popular small refractors and bigger telescopes using focal reducers. The small 4.65µm pixels provide higher resolution detail even at short focal lengths. Since it is a 1/2” class CCD, it fits perfectly within the corrected circle of even 3.3 reducers, making it a good choice for SCTs. It’s also an excellent choice for use with Starizona’s Hyperstar system.
What’s included in the box?
- camera body with 1.25” adaptor
- 3 meter USB cable
- 1.8 meter battery power connector (with car lighter plug)
- CD-ROM with drivers, software and user manual (PDF)
- quick start guide (printed)
ATIK's highly acclaimed Capture software is included for camera control and data acquisition, and plug-ins are included to allow use with Astroart, CCDSoft, and MaximDL.
System requirements: Pentium II PC with 64MB RAM, Windows 98/XP/Vista, CD-ROM drive and USB 2.0 port.
- Sensor Type: CCD - Sony ICX205AL
- Horizontal Resolution: 1392 pixels
- Vertical Resolution: 1040 pixels
- Pixel Size: 4.65 µM x 4.65 µM
- ADC: 16 bit
- Readout Noise: 3 e-
- Interface: USB 2.0 High Speed
- Power: 12v DC 0.55A
- Maximum Exposure Length: Unlimited
- Minimum Exposure Length: 1/1000 s
- Guide Port: ST-4 compatible
- Cooling: Thermoelectric with DeltaT=-25°C, switchable on/off by software
- Backfocus Distance: 12mm
- Thread on front of camera: T-Thread (M42x0.75)
- Dimensions: 110mm diameter, 53mm deep
- Weight: approx. 350 gr